The Alexander House Apostolate’s Cyrenian Cross Model TM
In Mark 15:21 we read how Simon of Cyrene helped to carry the cross for Jesus. It is in sharing the burden of the cross that Simon was able to provide some relief for Jesus and help him to redeem humanity through his suffering and death. In the same way the Alexander House shares the burden of troubled marriages by providing assistance to couples that are seeking redemption and restoration in their marriage. As we teach couples God’s plan for marriage, we help them to turn to Jesus, the best person from whom to learn how to handle the crosses that come their way and begin to live out a Christ centered marriage. It is in doing this that they begin to experience the beauty and joy that God intended for their marriage. It is also our mission to teach couples preparing for marriage how to put Christ at the center from the very beginning and provide enrichment for couples seeking to keep their marriage strong.
The Cyrenian Cross illustrates the way in which we are able to assist those who come to us in need of help for their marriage.
Explanation of the Cyrenian Cross:
• TAHA is at the bottom because it is the foundation that supports the services we provide.
• The arrows represent how each of the services work with the others to ensure no one is left unaided. Regardless of a couple’s situation we are able to assist them.
• Through Marriage Disciples we are able to assist couples with preparing, enriching or restoring their marriage.
• Through Professional Marriage and Family Therapy we provide therapy for couples who may be experiencing more difficult circumstances in their relationships that require professional help.
• Through Healing Hearts we offer support to individuals and couples who are need of restoring the order, place and purpose for which we were created for spiritually.
Services are personalized to suit everyone’s needs.